Wednesday, April 9, 2008

from the eyes of a female


Okay so tell you the truth I never really knew what feminism was completely, which considering I am a 15-year-old girl in high school who already stands up for my rights, is pretty dang pathetic. I swore I just lost half respect for myself just now when I looked it up on dictionary.com and read the definition aloud. It makes so much more sense now actually being clear on what it means and the articles I read about feminism make so much more sense now that I know what it exactly is. Seriously I’m like embarrassed for myself now. All right, well anyone else out there reading this and not knowing what it means and feeling dumb you, here look it up. Feminism/Feminism (choose the easy way out and click the first one, read about it more in the second one ☺).
Feminism is so important in women’s lives today, and to stand up for themselves in what some guys believe should be a “men’s society”. Phsss yeah okay, what’s the fun of that for women, so sit around having to listen to what the guys say; yeah makes total sense to me especially when women are just as equal, just at strong, and even smarter then men. And guys, don’t even try to deny that. Women can do anything men can do and I just hate how women are so underestimated. Our rights are just as important to us as men’s rights are to them. We earned these rights by fighting for them and speaking out; men just got lucky sat on their ass and the rights were given to them from the start.
Anyway other than being annoyed about them not even working for it, lets move on. Oh okay let’s talk about appropriate and inappropriate role models for women and young girls. I am going to repeat what Kevin said in today’s seminar “ the best people to be role models are normal people.” With this being true I lean more towards someone in your family being the best person you can have as a role model, more respectably an elder.
I seriously don’t understand what-so-ever how anyone, especially an adult, can look up to Paris Hilton and all those ditzy celebrities who don’t know what they are talking about half the time and get paid so much money for literally being stupid, oh and you cant forget the fact that they’re only famous because of there oh-so-rich daddy’s that they all suck up to. Point Proven. It makes laugh how dense some people can be. HAHAHA, see….I’m laughing.
Lastly lets talk about Lady Macbeth, in Macbeth being a feminist role model. Once again, hahahha, don’t think so. She is the type of women that displays both positive and negative characteristics towards women/girls. Yes, she is proving she can be strong as a woman, more importantly during that time period, but I can almost guarantee that when a queen tells you to do something, your going to do it. The worst thing that her character shows is that even though she is a queen when she told someone to do a bad thing, they did it. She is able to manipulate people to getting anything she wants to be done, done. This shows women have power, but for this case not in a good way. Anyone can kill someone and talk a person into doing so you just have to mighty good at doing it. I feel she is not the appropriate person to look up to because in this case she knows she has power and is abusing it. Wrong thing to do lady, shame on you!!

No comments: